“Walking is a good exercise for our body. It is therefore recommended that we should walk atleast 15-30 minutes a day.”
New Delhi, August 26, 2019:
But what exactly are the benefits of Walking?
Why should we include walking in our daily routine ? Reasons Being :
- Better Brain Better Mind : A study shows that walking is very beneficial for our brain. It says that walking increases the level of endrophines & decreases the level of stress in our body. It has a good effect on our overall brain health & can reduce the risk of developing Alzhemer’s and Dementia.
- Improved Vision : Walking improves vision, as it releases some eye pressure reducing Glaucoma.
- Stronger Heart : A study says that Walking is as good as running. It is useful in avoiding strokes & other heart related health issues. It improves blood circulation. Reduces cholesterol & stabilizes Blood Pressure.
- Larger Lungs : Walking helps our lungs to have more oxygen flowing throughout our body. It helps in eliminating body toxins & prevents us from getting any lung related diseases.
- Healthier Pancreas : Habit to walk regularly maintains aa healthy glucose level, it also prevents diabetes.
- Good Digestion: When we walk our colon also moves as well. This movement helps normalize our colon & thus balance our belly to prevent cancers & other digestion problems like flatulence & constipation.
- Leaner Muscles : Our muscles become leaner & prominenet when we lose our body fat. Walking for 10,000 steps a day can achieve this.
- Firm Joints & Bones: Walking for 30 minutes a day lessens the pain of stiffed joints & bones. It also leads to stronger joints avoiding injuries & bone loss.
- Lessens Back Pain : Higher impact exercises can damage our back but lower impact exercise such as walking can do the opposite; relieves our back pain.
- Balanced Mind : Walking lightens up our mood. Anxiety, Stress & depression level can be reduces by regular walking.