Health care should be within the reach of every citizen. For providing basic health facilities to all citizens, government has introduced and implemented various health schemes and programmes.
New Delhi, October 21, 2018 :
Ayushman Bharat is National Health Protection Scheme, which will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization. Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission will subsume the on-going centrally sponsored schemes – Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).
On August 15, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced in his speech from the Red Fort regarding the launch of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Abhiyan, also known as Ayushman Bharat scheme, launched across the country on September 25, 2018.
Key Benefits :
- A cover of Rs. 5 Lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care
- There is no restriction on family size, age or gender
- All members of eligible families as present in SECC database are automatically covered
- No money needs to be paid by the family for treatment in case of hospitalization
- All pre-existing conditions are covered from day one of the policy. The benefit cover will include pre & post hospitalization
- You can go to public or empanelled private hospitals across the country and get free treatment
Tweets & Retweets on Ayushman Bharat- National Health Protection Scheme by :
Dr Dinesh Arora – Deputy CEO Ayushman Bharat (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana PM-JAY) &
Dr Indu Bhushan -CEO Ayushman Bharat (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana)