New Delhi, July 03, 2019 ;
The Union Cabinet has given ex-post-facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the Republic of Maldives on cooperation in the field of Health signed on 08th June, 2019.
The Memorandum of Understanding covers the following areas of cooperation: –
- Exchange & Training of medical doctors, officials, other health professionals and experts;
- Medical and health research development;
- Regulation of medicines and medical products, and exchange of information thereon;
- Communicable and Non-Communicable diseases;
- E-Health and Telemedicine; and
- Any other area of cooperation as may be mutually decided upon.
A Working Group will be set up to further elaborate the details of cooperation and to oversee the implementation of this Memorandum of Understanding.