• Creation of a National Portal to act as the nodal platform for transacting and monitoring online sale of drugs.
• Necessity of evolving a mechanism to register e-pharmacies.
• Geographical restrictions for operation of e-pharmacies.
• Existing licencees involved in retail sale of drugs could also register on the National Portal for carrying out online sale of drugs.
• Requirement of registration with CDSCO under the Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945.
• Certain categories of drugs viz. the Narcotic and Psychotropic drugs, tranquilizers, habit forming drugs and Schedule X drugs that are prone to being abused or misused be excluded from sale through e-pharmacies.
The Government has issued a notice seeking public comments on regulation of sale of drugs including introduction of an electronic platform for regulation of sale of drugs in the country.
The Minister of State (Health and Family Welfare), Sh Faggan Singh Kulaste stated this in a written reply in the RajyaSabha here today.