“A healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables and regular physical activity are imperative”
New Delhi, June 12, 2019:
The need of the hour is to raise awareness on the fact that it is important to maintain a healthy body weight and keep physically active.
Cancer of the prostate has the same risk factors as that of heart blockages and both are linked to high saturated fat intake.With an increase in heart patients, there is also a corresponding increase in the number of prostate cancer patients in the society.
Prevention of both
- Get to and stay at a healthy weight. Indulge in regular physical activity.
- Limit your intake of high-calorie foods and drinks.
- Eat at least 2½ cups of vegetables and fruits each day. Choose whole grains instead of refined grain products. Limit the intake of processed meat and red meat.
- Limit the alcohol intake to no more than 2 drinks per day.
- Reduce intake of dairy foods and diets rich in calcium.
Dr KK Aggarwal