New Delhi, May 17,2017: In India, tea and coffee is regularly consumed at breakfast, lunch and during mid-afternoon but we forget drinking water. Drinking water is important and to spruce it up, what you can do is add a slice of lemon or squeeze a lime in water.
- It improves your skin quality. Several cosmetic products promise glowing and healthy skin, but it comes at a cost. Try lime water for healthy and glowing skin. Besides, benefiting the skin, water and lime juice reduces aging, blackheads and wrinkles. Lime water is also a cooling agent, best way to beat the Indian heat.
- It improves digestion. : Digestive problems are the most common ailments but warm water and lime juice is the solution to most digestive problems. Lemon juice helps to purify the blood, reduces your chances of indigestion, constipation, eliminates toxins from the body, adds digestion and reduces phlegm.
- It freshens breath. : Reduces bad breath and stops bleeding gums. It also reduces toothache.
- It’s a good source of vitamin C. : Citrus fruits like lemons are high in vitamin C, which is a primary antioxidant that helps protect cells from damaging free radicals. Lime contains potassium which controls high blood pressure and reduces the effect of nausea and dizziness.
- Relieves stress : Lemon water can also prep up your mood and relieve you from stress
- It fight throat infections : Lemon water can fight throat infections due to its antibacterial property. If salt water does not work try lime and water for gargling.