New Delhi, May 14, 2017 :
Yogurt is a well known dairy product that is made by the bacterial fermentation of milk. Yogurt has been consumed by people for many years.
- It’s extremely nutritious, and eating it regularly is beneficial for health. It reduces risk of heart diseases and osteoporosis, and also help in weight management. A few health benefits of yogurt are:
- It is rich in all nutrients: Yogurt contains some of nearly every nutrient that your body needs. It’s known for containing a lot of calcium, a mineral necessary for healthy teeth and bones. Just one cup provides 49% of your daily calcium needs . It is also high in B vitamins, particularly vitamin B12 and riboflavin, both of which may protect against heart disease and certain neural tube birth defects .One cup also provides 38% of your daily need for phosphorus, 12% for magnesium and 18% for potassium. These minerals are essential for several biological processes, such as regulating blood pressure, metabolism and bone health . One nutrient that yogurt does not contain naturally is vitamin D, but it is commonly fortified with it.Vitamin D promotes bone and immune system health and may reduce the risk of some diseases, including heart disease and depression. Yogurt provides almost every nutrient that your body needs. It is especially high in calcium, B vitamins and trace minerals.
- It is high in proteins: Yogurt provides an impressive amount of protein. Protein supports metabolism by increasing your energy expenditure, or the number of calories that you burn throughout the day. Getting enough protein is also important for appetite regulation, as it increases the production of hormones that signal fullness. It may automatically reduce the number of calories you consume overall, which is beneficial for weight control. Yogurt, is very high in protein. Protein is helpful for appetite and weight control.
- Good for Digestion : Some types of yogurt contain live bacteria, or probiotics as a result of fermentation. These may benefit digestive health when consumed. .Unfortunately, many yogurts have been pasteurized, which is a heat treatment that kills the beneficial bacteria they contain. To ensure your yogurt contains effective Probiotics, look for one that contains live, active cultures, which should be listed on the label. Some types of yogurt contain probiotics, which may boost digestive health by reducing the symptoms of common gastrointestinal disorders, such as bloating, diarrhea and constipation.
- Strengthens Immune System : Yogurt , if it contains probiotics — on a regular basis may strengthen your immune system and reduce your likelihood of contracting an illness. Probiotics have been shown to reduce inflammations, which is linked to several health conditions ranging Yogurt provides probiotics, vitamins and minerals, all of which may boost immune health and prevent certain illnesses.
- Protects against Osteoporosis ; Yogurt contains some key nutrients for maintaining bone health, including calcium, protein, potassium, phosphorus and, sometimes, vitamin D. All of these vitamins and minerals are especially helpful for preventing osteoporosis, a condition characterized by weakening of the bones. It is common in the elderly Individuals with osteoporosis have low bone density and are at a higher risk of bone fractures. Yogurt is rich in vitamins and minerals that play a key role in bone health. Consuming it regularly may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Good for Heart Health: Studies have found that intake of yogurt reduces the overall incidence of heart disease. Furthermore, dairy products like yogurt have been shown to help reduce high blood pressure, which is a major risk factor for heart disease. The effects seem to be most prominent in those already diagnosed with high blood pressure. Regardless of its fat content, yogurt appears to benefit heart health by increasing “good” HDL cholesterol and reducing blood pressure.
- It Helps in Weight Management: Yogurt is high in protein, which is very filling, and may improve your diet overall. Both of these aspects help with weight management.