New Delhi, May 12, 2017 :
Summer is just not skin-accommodating. It can cause heat boils, rashes and the most common of all – prickly heat.
- It is perfect to wear light and loose cotton clothes in this climate. Ensure they are comfortable during long hours of work. Try to change your clothes immediately after your clothes turn sweaty, as this can lead to skin reaction, skin rashes and itching.
- Avoid direct exposure to hot, humid conditions as it may detoriate your condition. Additionally, make a point not to perform strenuous physical exercises outside as it may bring about excessive weating and increase the danger of prickly heat.
- Apply as much prickly heat powder on your back and chest and keep yourself dry before you step out. Additionally, keep the affected area cool and dry with a fan or any cooling system. You can even take a shower with cool water to relieve the condition.
- Applying aloe vera lotion provides relief and soothing effect on the affected area.
- Calamine lotion and doctor prescribed mild creams can help in relieving itching and irritation of the skin. In any case, make a point not to use oil-based items as it prompts sweating and itching.
- You can use many home remedies to prevent and relieve skin rashes and itching. Taking Oatmeal bath, applying sandalwood paste, multani mitti pack, or keeping cucumber pieces on the affected area are very soothing and easy treatments that can be done at home.
- Finally, keep yourself well hydrated with fresh fruit juices, water, glucose or vitamin C drinks to beat the summer heat and dehydration. Also, avoid cold drinks or carbonated beverages as it causes more dehydration.