New Delhi, September 30, 2017: Heart Care Foundation of India (HCFI) is observing the silver jubilee celebrations of its annual flagship event, the Perfect Health Mela, this year, which begins from Wednesday, 4th October.
The first Perfect Health Mela was organised in 1993 and the Government of India had released a commemorative postal stamp on the occasion.
The Mela celebrations will end with 25th MTNL Perfect Health Meal in October 2018. The Foundation will organise year-long activities on the following themes:
- Generate oxygen at home by planting indoor plants.
- Every Sunday, look for mosquito breeding inside and outside your house.
- Reduce the intake of salt in your diet by half.
- Try to walk 500 meters in six minutes.
- Say no to passive smoking.
- Say no to self-antibiotics.
- Avoid noise pollution of > 80 dB.
- Reduce, recycle or reuse solid waste and segregate them at source.
- Notify every case of TB and adverse reactions to drugs, blood and vaccine.
- Pledge for organ donation today.
The Mela will be inaugurated by Delhi Chief Minister Shri Arvind Kejriwal at 1pm at the Talkatora Stadium. Sh. Satyendra Jain, Health Minister, Delhi Government will preside over the function.
Giving the details Dr KK Aggarwal, Padma Shri Awardee and the President of the Foundation said that over 100 schools will be participating in different activities on the first day. The mela will be a mix of entertainment, health exhibitions, all systems of medicine health check-ups, health competitions and guest performances.
There will also be special performances by Dr Sandhya Purecha, Bharatanatyam exponent, Padma Bhushan Awardee Raja Radha Reddy (Kuchipudi); Ms Bharti Shivaji (Mohiniattam), Ranjana Gauhar (Odissi), Guru Jitendra Maharaj (Kathak) and Nalini Kamalini (Kathak).
The mela is being organised by the Foundation jointly with IMA, MTNL, NDMC, Department of Health Delhi Government, DST and other government departments.